Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Inner demons exposed

I have a friend from a few years ago who I instantly adored. I loved everything about her. through the magic of facebook I was able to be reunited with her. She has a blog that I now follow and find it comforting and inspiring. Today I was catching up on my google reader and found a series of posts she had about inner demons. She posted them so she could confront them and then try to change them. This will be hard for me as I hate for anyone to know the real me....here i go anyway....

basically you suck

You are not pretty...even though your husband says you are you are not. No one else thinks you are pretty either. go look in the mirror you will see.

you are a bad mom. your daughter shakes because of nerves and sucks her fingers almost into her teens due to nerves. If she felt loved and adored for who she is she wouldn't need her fingers or her tics.

you are a awful person. you are too clingy. you don't want to be around anyone and you judge everyone afraid because they are judging you. you are too sensitive. But not enough compassionate. you are a awful friend and terrible sister and you were an awful daughter. you are why your dad didn't want to try.

All the time my poor husband has to tell me otherwise and i try so very hard to believe him. but these thoughts are always here haunting me reminding me i am not good enough or worthy of him.

Thank you husband for continuing to help me fight my demons...i will try a little harder to change these thoughts. as i sit here i stare at the publish post sign...i fear that sign...but then again the only one following me is my husband. thanks for your support.

No comments: