Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bathroom!!! be made new!

Quick note I seem to blog in spurts hahaha
IMG_8285 IMG_8288 IMG_8290 IMG_8291 IMG_8293
First off let me say how embarrassed I am by these photos! Yuck. So the bathroom was a disastor when we got it. Did I make it worse you bet I did. Men hide the DIY channels and the HGTV channels from your wife it will only cost you money!
So first off these pictures do not show the awful wallpaper that me and my daughters tore off the wall.  We solicited help from other friends too thanks MK and Georgia
My father in law works as a bus driver so he had a few weeks off during the summer and decided to help redo the bathroom. He is VERY handy and likes to do stuff like this.
So he took us to home depot to pick out some tiles...we liked the nice earth tone ones so here we are.
He came over every day and demolished the old bathroom. 
It was awesome he used a chain saw at one point a crowbar that is almost as tall as me and other fun things.
We had fun surprises like no insulation....everything was nailed in...the tub tiles were on top of two pieces of sheetrock and cemented and nailed into the wall!!! These were heavy and annoying to get down. But he prevailed. I was on clean up so as not to mess anything up!
Anyway we got everything out and began to start over. He put in insulation and then covered the holes then he started putting in the tiles and the pretty glass tiles us girls wanted from the DIY and HGTV channels...and then he put the floor down and we shopped for a toilet 
IMG_1446 IMG_1448
we didn't get either of these! Thanks for your help Audrey!
Anyway here are the new pictures!
IMG_8905 IMG_8907 IMG_8908 IMG_8911 IMG_8912
Thank you so much my dear father in law! But now the rest of my house looks lame...and this is the girls bathroom....bummer

No comments: